Oh, You Darling Clementine!

Clementine's. Sigh.

We are on (and I kid you not) box number 5 just since Christmas. We love these delectable little seedless orange balls of delight! So easy to peel and eat. So portable. So sweet and citrusy.

















The variety we buy around here, Cuties, comes from California. Last year, on our fishing trip to Venice, Louisiana, we were able to buy several bags direct from the grower. Wow! There's nothing like fresh Clementine's.
















So, when I received my copy of Martha Stewart Living yesterday in the mail, and there was a delicious feature on orange and chocolate, well you know I had to try it. Why didn't I think of dipping Clementine's in chocolate? Where was my head? After all, I make Chocolate Covered Orange soap. Duh.

I knew I wasn't going to take the time to make the chocolate fondue recipe in the magazine. (No, I'm too impatient. Surprising, I know.) So I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave, dipped those little sections, and let them set up on waxed paper just long enough so that the chocolate was firm, but not gooey. After one taste, I knew we needed some more tropical infusion. So, I took it a step further and dipped them in coconut. Oh. My. So good! Took it right over the top.

So, if you are in need of a little tropical infusion here in the dead of winter, I give you...
















...chocolate covered Clementine's dipped in coconut.

Hey, consider it winter therapy. Chocolate is a mood lifter, full of anti-oxidants, and the citrus is loaded wih vitamin C. How can you go wrong? I'm feeling pretty happy right about now.

Comments

Popular Posts