Of Cats and Cream

Before a cat will condescend
To treat you as a trusted friend,
Some little token of esteem
Is needed, like a dish of cream.
                                    T.S Eliot

On a visit to my friend Eva's farm where I pick up goats milk for my goats milk soaps I arrived right at milking time. I was delighted by the spectacle of this darling little furry kitty helping herself to some of the goats milk cream.








She waited patiently while Eva milked, then, as each bottle was put in the crate, she had a little sample.





 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This process was repeated over and over. Dipping...





...licking...
 
 
 
 
  ...until she was finally replete.
     
 
Oh, the life of a farm cat!
 
I can't wait to share more pictures of Eva and her beautiful goats. They were so sweet I was almost tempted to break down and get the goats I keep talking about. Almost, but not quite!
 
Instead, I will have a lovely assortment of goats milk soaps to share with you at the market as soon as they are done curing! 

Comments

Popular Posts