Do You Like Your Arnold Palmer Clean or Dirty? Add Some Lavender and, Voila! A Lavender Arnold Palmer!

It is hot, hot, hot here in Oklahoma! Too hot for man or beast! Beastly hot! Okay, I'll stop. But...one more time: dang, it's hot! 

Now that I've got that off my chest...we had the Lawton Farmer's Market this morning. As usual, there was a line for the fresh, Oklahoma home-grown tomatoes. If you want tomatoes you have to get there and get in line by 7:30.











Some lovely produce...

















...and happy, smiling faces of our vendors...

















...and customers. (As you can see, Sylvia very sweetly posed in front of my lavender booth in her lavender!)






















I got a great idea today from a customer as we were discussing culinary lavender. She was recently served an Arnold Palmer, which is half lemonade and half tea, but it had lavender in it! Sounds yummy, doesn't it?  Remember this post where I talked about making lavender syrup and using it in all types of beverages? So now you can make a Lavender Arnold Palmer! And if you bought the Lavender Monin Syrup from me at one of the shows or festivals, here's yet another delightful use.






















But here's one better. How about a Dirty Lavender Arnold Palmer?!






















Just substitute Burnett's Sweet Tea Vodka for the tea, add a few lavender blossoms, a lavender stir stick for garnish, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. It is so goood! (Note: I don't use the Burnett's at a 50/50 ratio cause it's too strong for me. I make my lemonade, add the lavender syrup, and a splash (or 4!) of the Burnett's. Obviously it's to taste!)

















I'm enjoying mine right now! Your choice...Virgin Lavender Arnold Palmer or Dirty Lavender Arnold Palmer! Might be more elegant in a pretty glass. But sometimes a girl just needs a canning jar!
Thanks to everyone for stopping by the market today, as always, love visiting with you!

Wishing you a wonderful, lavender filled weekend!
Cathy

Comments

Popular Posts