Fast and Easy Dinner, but....shhhh....Nobody Has to Know!

First, let me take a minute to thank everyone for coming to the Craft Harvest Show in Lawton this past weekend. Wow! Fantastic time making new friends and visiting with old ones. I so miss seeing everyone from the Farmer's Market each week. (Can't wait for April to get here!) I really appreciate each and every one of you. Thanks for loving the soap and lavender products and always being so enthusiastic and encouraging. You make me want to do more, and do it better. We strive to provide an excellent product for you to enjoy. One that is always natural and healthy...for your psyche, your skin, and your home. Lavender lovers are truly special people! Thank you for being you!

Now to the recipe. Actually I posted one of these last November here for Olive Garden Soup. So easy, and no one needs to know just how easy. If you're a vegetarian you could leave out the ground beef/venison and just add more pasta and beans. It's even good with ground turkey, too.

The second recipe, one I made today to go with the soup while it was pouring down rain and looking really dreary, is for 30 Minute Rolls. I found this recipe over at Your Homebased Mom. I've made it once before and it is super easy, and yes, it is a raised yeast roll! Not quite as light and fluffy as the longer version, but still quite delicious.

















30 Minute Rolls
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 Tablespoons yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 1/2 cups flour

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

In your mixer bowl, combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour. Knead with the hook until well incorporated and dough is soft and smooth, which only takes a few minutes.

Form the dough into 12 balls and place in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.

















Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees, or until the tops are golden brown. I like to brush the tops with melted butter for extra yumminess!


















Doesn't this look yummy on a cold and dreary fall day? Olive Garden Soup and 30 Minute Rolls. (I think I'll be making this for Christmas Eve, too!)  Company always loves this soup. Shhhh...don't tell how easy it is!

















Look forward to seeing all of you at the Christ Kindl Market at Fort Sill on Dec. 3 and 4! If you'll remember, last year we made Lavender Filled Christmas Cones...well, this year we have a bunch of other ornaments we filled with lavender, like little stockings, and glass balls...such fun! See you soon!
Cathy

Comments

Misty said…
I have those rolls on my Pinterest! I've made them a few times. I loved 'em!!! They were thick and yeasty and I really like that in a roll. My husband didn't care for them so much. I wish I could figure out how to make them a little less dense. How amazing is it to have yeast rolls in only 30 minutes????
Cathy said…
It sure saves alot of time, doesn't it?!

Popular Posts