Philadelphia Style Goat Milk Ice Cream















This is so yummy, and so, so easy. Mainly because Philadelphia Style ice cream doesn't have any egg custard that you have to cook for prep. I've always hated doing that. Making the custard, chilling the custard. Sorry, but I want to make my ice cream now thank you very much.

Not sure where I got this recipe but I've used it for awhile now. This version, which is a lightly flavored chocolate, was perfect for the Cajeta sauce which we talked about yesterday. And this recipe falls under my favorite word...versatile! Yes, you can use vanilla and a vanilla bean, or peppermint extract with crushed peppermint, add chocolate chips, lavender, whatever you like. I do so like to have fun with a basic recipe!

Philadelphia Style Goat Milk Ice Cream

1/4 cup powdered unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup goat milk
2 cups heavy cream (goat milk cream if you have it. I use store bought heavy cow cream)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix the cocoa, salt, and sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl.

Whisk in the goat milk and stir until sugar is completely dissolved and cocoa is thoroughly blended.

Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.













Pour into ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer's instructions. (I have an electric ice cream mixer that I use, and love!)

Done.














Enjoy right away, like soft serve, or transfer to another container and freeze until it gets a little harder. It's all good!



Comments

Popular Posts