Escaping the Heat of Oklahoma and Travelling to...

Washington!

















If you've ever flown into the Seattle/Tacoma airport then you know you get a fantastic view of the mountains, and of Mount Rainier. And, while I flew up to help my daughter and her husband with the new baby, I was so happy to leave behind the hellish heat of Oklahoma I almost kissed the ground! Every day has been lovely. But...no baby yet.

So we've had a little time to tour around, and one of the trips we made was up Mt. Rainier.
Mt. Rainier dominates the view from just about every direction where the kids live.
From the Wal-Mart parking lot...

















to Wal-Greens...
and all points in between, there are beautiful views of  the snow covered peaks. And...well...I just had to get a closer look and play in the snow. In July!
So off we went. Past the glacier fed lakes...
through the tall pine forest...
to Mt. Rainier.
It was a lovely, clear, sunny day, perfect for viewing the peak. We wound our way through the sun-dappled forest...
past rivers, and streams, and waterfalls...
and beautiful vistas...
until we reached the Paradise Visitors Center, and the end of the road at the peak of the mountain.
Hard to believe it's the end of July in this winter wonderland, isn't it?
I could have spent the day here, basking in the cool 65 degree weather, and frolicking in the snow.
But we were running out of daylight and, alas, had to make our way back down the mountain.
I'm really going to miss this when I have to go home!
Just waiting on baby to make an appearance...

Comments

Popular Posts