I've Been Known to Pick Up Junk from the Curb! DIY Dresser Re-do

Yes, it's true. I like junk. I like thrifting. I like turning trash into treasure. I can't help myself. I need intervention!!

It's just so hard to pass something up that you know can go from this...
To this~
And I even lined the drawers with some lovely leftover wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby.
 Now it's the repository of all of hubby's stuff that he used to dump on the kitchen table.
I picked this little gem up on a curb in Walters, OK. A sad castoff. But solid oak. At first I thought it would be great refinished, so I foisted it on my daughter, who, 2 years later, dumped it back on me, partially stripped. So, 2 coats of my new favorite black paint, Valspar Satin Black Latex Enamel, and new hardware from Lowes, and it's a buffet! If any of you know of good places to junk/antique/thrift around Lawton, please pass it on. I need a new project!

Thanks for stopping by!
CL

Comments

Katie said…
I recognize that dresser! Ahh the adventures of pulling things out of someone elses trash. You have done wonders with that old dresser.

Popular Posts