Cheap!? Who?! Me??! Please! I Prefer Thrifty. So...we'll call this post "Thrifty Dishwasher Detergent Powder"!

Morning all! Greetings of the day.

I've waited to post this until I had tried it out to make sure it would work. Well, I've used it six times now and it works. It really works. And it's so cheap. If you made the Lavender Laundry Soap from a previous post then you already have all of the ingredients for this easy, inexpensive dishwasher powder.
All you need to make this is 1 1/2 cups of Borax, and 2 cups of Baking Soda. That's it. Just stir it together really well to combine. When you're ready to do your dishes just fill the little cups in the dishwasher and run as usual. Add vinegar to the rinse aid dispenser for really spot free glasses. 

I will tell you I rinse my dishes really well so there is no food left on them mainly because I have an old dishwasher. But I was so happy with the results (I even had spot free glasses!) from using this mix, with the vinegar in the rinse aid dispenser, that I won't be buying commercial dishwashing detergent ever again!

And just think how eco-friendly you're being. Not to mention the multiple, multiple uses for Borax and baking soda!

Have a thrifty day! (Sorry...I just had to say it!)

CL

Comments

Popular Posts