"One Ingredient 'Ice Cream'"! I Had to Try It to Believe It! And You Will, Too!

I know! It's insane! Who knew?! It's a banana. That's right. I said a. ba.na.na.

I follow the cooking blog kitchn written by Sara Kate Gillingham Ryan. It is loaded with some wonderful recipes, and she's a young woman, which helps me keep up with new stuff, and not keep making the same old, same old, and I was reading her post about "Naughty Chicken" which involves vertically roasting a chicken in a bundt pan, much like beer can chicken without the can...but I digress.

Anyway, I saw this link on the left column and clicked, and just had to try it.

People, it is yummy!! Even my hubby liked it.  And easy. And a great way to eat your banana for the day. Or get your kids to eat their banana. Or if you're lactose intolerant. And if you're on a diet, it feels like cheating! Only way better. Cause you're not! And what better way to get potassium?! 

So, first you slice up a banana or two, and freeze the slices. After a few hours, you put it in the food processor and process until it looks like this...
...then you scoop it out, and eat it like soft serve. Kate suggests adding peanut butter at the end, which would be good for some protein. I had the urge to add chocolate, but that sort of defeats the purpose of a healthy choice. (Unless, of course, like me, you view chocolate as necessary to existence!)

For her complete instructions, and to visit her site go to kitchn.

This was not the blog post I had planned for today but I just had to share this! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

Cathy

Comments

Delishhh said…
Wow interesting. I never thought of having banana ice cream. But i will have to try this out. Does is taste like banana fosters?
Cathy said…
Weeell...it would be nice if it did! But it just tastes like...well...banana, for lack of a better description!I did swirl in a little Nutella the second time and it was really good. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

Cathy

Popular Posts