Life at Turkey Creek Farm: Country Living with a Sophisticated Twist




Well, hi, how are you today? So glad you could stop by.

Good thing, since I picked today as the day to start my blog. Mainly because I don't have to run various and sundry errands, and can spend some time at home thinking about what to say by way of introduction. Some of you already know me, some of you don't, some of you I have met briefly at craft shows, or out and about.

As you can see from my profile, I have a small lavender farm in southwest Oklahoma, now in its second year. And as you can see from my "interests" list, I am interested in just about everything. My passions have always been centered around the home and family, which includes cooking, decorating, gardening, crafting, creating...actually anything related to...well...home and family. Think Martha Stewart but tone it down a bit. Okay...alot. As an aside...Thank goodness Martha came along. She elevated what we do as homemakers, homekeepers, wives, mothers, significant others, entrepreneurs...all of us interested in home crafting, to an elevated level that was finally recognized, appreciated, and respected. (I think everyone thought I was nuts because I regularly cleaned the tops of my doors, and cooked everything from scratch! Thanks, Martha.)

So how did I get to where I am now? On 10 acres in Oklahoma, raising lavender? A very circuitious route. I was raised an Army brat, I married a career Army officer. I have lived alot of places, seen and done alot of things. If you had asked me when I was 17 where I would be at 40+ years of age...well, let's just say this was not on the list. New York...London...Paris... anywhere in Europe...they were on the list. Oklahoma was not on the list. However, life does have a way of taking over, despite our best intentions. And so here I am. And I couldn't be happier. And yes, I skipped alot of details...because this blog is really not about me per se. It's about life in my corner of the world, with the lavender, and the dogs, and the farm. The other details would bore you. And I want to get to the juicy stuff anyway!
Hmmmm....Juicy stuff? You know...recipes...lavender info...growing tips...crafting...aromatherapy...bath and body ideas...what I consider juicy stuff. I hope you'll check back often. I can't wait to get started! Become a follower so you don't miss anything!
Best wishes,
CL
aka Cathy Field

Comments

Katie said…
This is a wonderful introduction to everything as CL. I love the design including your choice of background. Do you have other photography to post? The facebook pic featured is amazing and I know just what and where it is.
I really enjoyed your last paragraph regarding "juicy stuff." It made me laugh. Look forward to your next "juicy" blog....
Maria Killam said…
Welcome to blogland! Thanks for the introduction and for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts