First Public Showing and a Big Shout Out

Yes, that's me, at my first craft show at the Christ Kindl Market at Fort Sill. I was so nervous! Would anyone like my products? Would anyone be interested in lavender at all? Would anyone want to talk to me? I only slept two hours the night before, worrying...

And guess what? They loved it! The scent of lavender was everywhere. Everytime they opened the door behind me it just wafted around. I gave out all of the soap samples in two hours, for two days I barely sat down, and I was hoarse from talking by Sunday night. It was a great success, and I am so very thankful.

So...I need to thank all of the new customers who bought drawer liners, sachets, bundles, buds, and ornaments. Thank you to all of the people who stopped by my booth, thank you for talking to me, thank you for your enthusiam and your encouraging words, thank you for your compliments on my booth set-up, thank you for signing up for my e-mail list, and thank you for loving lavender.


And finally, the biggest thank you to my family and friends for your support, your encouraging words, your prayers, and your wonderful, creative ideas. I could not have done it without you. Thank you to Nathan (my oldest son on the right) for putting together my background frame, for setting up, and taking down, and for being there when I needed a break; thank you to William (my youngest son on the left) for packaging product, keeping me laughing, and filling in at the end of the day when I had to leave; and to all three of my men, Nathan, William, and Will for wrapping and tying bundles and stamping bags the night before the show, for eating frozen pizza, and being patient with my nervousness. Thanks to my daughter Katie, who lives far away in Washington, for being my cheerleader, my A-Team, my shoulder to cry on, my parents and in-laws for their support and prayers, and, finally, my wonderful brother and wonderful sis-in-law Jim and Michelle for never doubting that this was a good idea, for continuing to encourage and support through word and deed, for believing in the entrepreneurial spirit of this endeavor...thank you.

I learned so many lessons from this first show, and met so many wonderful, encouraging, supportive people. It was a great experience, and I can't wait to do another show!

Until next time, thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

CL

P.S. My sons are single!

Comments

Gwen Driscoll said…
First, it looks like congratulations are in order on your big success! That is fabulous and I just love to hear about others new adventures and especially success. Best rush a girl could ever have!

And, thank you for coming by Ragland Hill Social and commenting today on my post. I really appreciate it. I can't wait to find out who wins the Leontine Linen hand towels. They are fabulous.

I so look forward to reading your blog now that I know about it. I wish you well and hope you have a great week.
clarkitect said…
It always intrigues me to come across a unique crop farmer, especially as a grower of pine trees in the land of corn, soybeans, and hogs. I would have to say lavender beats out the peppermint farmer I once met. Thanks for visiting my blog over at clarkumentary.
Cathy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said…
Lavender is unusual in southwest Oklahoma. I'm hoping more people become interested so we can stimulate some more rural farming alternatives. Pine trees huh? I thought of that but I hate to prune things! Thanks, Clarkitect for your comments, and for the wonderful Truckstop Buttermilk Pancakes at Tasty Kitchen. They were yum!
Cathy said…
Hi Gwen, thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for your kind comments and encouraging words. I am always inspired when I visit Ragland Hill Social and look forward to your creative posts!

Popular Posts