A Surprise Visit

As I was clearing the dinner dishes and setting them in the sink this evening I just happend to glance out the window and this lovely fellow was staring back. Well hello, black beauty.

















Needless to say I was a little startled because there was also this one...

















...and this one...four in all...

















...contentedly munching away...

































...I hated to call but, well, I thought Ronnie might wonder where they'd wandered off to. It was so peaceful and relaxing watching them cropping the grass lazily. An occasional stamp and snort. Regretfully, Ronnie arrived all too soon and herded them back across the road to Love's Quarter Horses. 

There are a million reasons why I love living in the country. This is just one.

One of my favorites quotes from Henry David Thoreau just about sums it up: "I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."

Hope your evening was peaceful and relaxing, too.

Comments

Popular Posts