I know you're wondering what this has to do with lavender...well...it doesn't. It has to do with Puppy Chow! Oh yeah! We love it around here. It's usually completely consumed by young men who shall remain nameless the very same day I make it. It is a wonderful, delicious, easy snack to make for family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and yourself...especially yourself! I package it simply in holiday treat bags, a great ribbon, and ta-daaa...a treat for someone special! Young men who shall remain nameless will each get their own bag, and daughter who lives far away has one in the mail! The stuff in the bowl is all mine!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal
2 cups powdered sugar
2 1-gallon zip loc bags
1) Measure 9 cups of Crispix in a large bowl and set aside.
2) Combine peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
3) Microwave 1 minute, stir to blend all ingredients. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and stir well.
4) Pour peanut butter/chocolate chip mixture over cereal and toss thoroughly to coat evenly.
5) Put 1 cup of powdered sugar in each zip loc bag. Place 1/2 of the coated cereal in each bag and shake gently to coat.
6) Store in an air tight container. (I usually use the zip loc bag I tossed it in because it doesn't last long enough to dirty a dish!) Or repackage for gift giving.
Have a Happy Valentine's Day weekend!