Beautiful Art Glass Hummingbird Feeder by Robbins Ranch

Do you like to add a little art, a little class, a little sass to your garden? I found this recently at the Lawton Arts for All Festival. I loved the gorgeous shades of purple and lavender. (Naturally!) And I just knew it would look beautiful in my predominantly purple hued flower bed.
 Karen and Dana Robbins of Robbins Ranch, from Moriarty, New Mexico put so much attention to detail, and artistic flair, into each piece of their awesome work. I almost went home with a bottle stopper and a ring holder. Uh, and a paper weight. And I love their wine chillers. Really I loved everything they made. And Karen and Dana are friendly and love visiting about their work, and their life in New Mexico, their art, their glass blowing schedule.




















I thought the feeder looked particularly cool with the artistic stepping stone my lovely daughter created. (I'd like a few more of those please! Hint! Hint!) Karen and Dana do quite a few shows in the Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado area so check their show schedule at their website. They may be coming your way.

The solution for the feeder? 4 parts water to 1 part sugar; stir until sugar dissolves and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes. Cool in the pan, then refrigerate to cool completely. Fill the feeder completely to the top and overflow it slightly, then add the stopper to create the suction. The red tip attracts the hummingbirds, of which I will have to stalk for a picture as they flit in and out rather quickly.

Hope you have a great day!
Cathy

Comments

Popular Posts