Cooking With Lavender: Blueberry Lavender Butter Recipe Courtesy of a Sweet Follower

You all know by now I love visiting with people at the Lawton Farmer's Market. You also know how much I love visiting about lavender. And cooking with lavender ranks right up there with one of my fave topics. So, it was such a nice surprise for local fan and follower Kristell Havens to share this delicious recipe on our Facebook page. (What?! You haven't liked our FB page yet?! Get yourself over there!)

It looks so yummy and Kristell says it's easy to make. I know I can't wait to try it out! So here it is...Enjoy!


Blueberry Lavender Butter
courtesy of Kristell Havens


6-8 cups pureed blueberries
1.5 Tablespoons of Fresh Culinary Lavender (wrapped in a garni bag, or I made a sachet with cheesecloth and twine)
Zest of 1 large lemon
1-2 cups of honey (I taste it until it is right, but you shouldn't have to go over 2 cups)

Cook the pureed berries with the sachet of lavender in a slow-cooker on LOW for about 5 hours, stir occasionally and if needed prop the lid so that it will reduce. After the first 5 hours add the lemon zest and honey, allow this to cook for 1 hour on high with the lid propped, and then 1 more hour on low with the lid off. Stir occasionally.

Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch of head space, process in boiling water for 10 minutes , then turn OFF heat and wait 5 minutes before taking them out to finish cooling.


Sounds good doesn't it? Thanks, Kristell! If you have a lavender recipe to share, feel free to post it on our Facebook page. After you get over there and hit "like"!





Comments

Anonymous said…
what great recipe! SO beautiful and delicious
mary x
Cathy said…
Thanks Mary, think I will try this with pears and lavender. I have a bunch!
Cathy
Just found your blog! I read a great book a few years ago who owned a lavender farm. Wish I could remember it. Anyway love your blog and will try your recipe soon!
Cathy said…
Why thank you Katie! Thanks for visiting the blog. Let us all know if you try this recipe. We're all lavender lovers here! Perhaps the book you refer to is "The Unlikely Lavender Queen" by Jeannie Ralston. I read it, too, and it was a good book! Thanks for stopping in!

Cathy :)

Popular Posts